Queen Elizabeth II beneath medical supervision as medical doctors ‘involved for Her Majesty’s well being,’ Buckingham Palace says.
Queen Elizabeth II has been positioned beneath medical supervision after medical doctors expressed concern over the monarch’s well being, Buckingham Palace stated on Thursday, as members of the royal household rushed to Scotland to the facet of the 96-year-old sovereign. Here’s what we all know to this point:
- The queen was positioned beneath medical supervision as a result of medical doctors have been “involved for Her Majesty’s well being”, Buckingham Palace stated.
- The inheritor to the throne, Prince Charles, is with the 96-year-old monarch, and different members of the family travelled to Balmoral Citadel, her Scottish dwelling, the place she is resting.
- A spokesperson stated Prince Harry and his spouse Meghan, in the UK for quite a lot of occasions, would additionally journey to Scotland.
- Such a household gathering, outdoors of vacation occasions resembling Christmas or Easter or main public occasions, is extraordinarily uncommon.
- The queen, the UK’s longest-reigning sovereign and the world’s oldest monarch, has been affected by what Buckingham Palace has referred to as “episodic mobility issues” because the finish of final yr.
- Lindsay Hoyle, speaker of the Home of Commons, interrupted an power debate in parliament to say he despatched his greatest needs to the monarch.
- The nation’s new prime minister, Liz Truss, stated, “My ideas – and the ideas of individuals throughout our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her household presently.”
- “Together with the remainder of the nation, I’m deeply fearful by the information from Buckingham Palace this afternoon,” opposition Labour chief Keir Starmer stated.
- “My prayers, and the prayers of individuals throughout the Church of England and the nation, are with Her Majesty The Queen as we speak,” Justin Welby, the archbishop of Canterbury, stated on Twitter.
Shut members of the family have travelled to Balmoral, Scotland to be with Queen Elizabeth II after medical doctors stated they have been involved for her well being, and beneficial the 96-year-old British monarch stay beneath medical supervision.
— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) September 8, 2022