5.7 C
Saturday, December 3, 2022

Want to spend your golden years in Europe? These are the countries with the best retirement visas

Warm weather, no stress and a good standard of living is what we all want in our golden years.

But relocating to another country requires some research and planning. especially as There are several visa options for people of working age.

This does not mean that the options are not available for the viewers moving abroad later in lifeAlthough.

Here are some of the best European visa options for retirees, based on how much income you’ll need to apply.

6. Italy Optional Residence Visa

Italy is a popular place for people to spend their golden years and there are visa options designed to help you do just that.

requirements for Italian The Optional Residence Visa is a bit more difficult to obtain than the others on this list so far. You will need a minimum passive income of €31,000 per year to apply. You cannot work as a resident in the country with this visa – not even remotely for a foreign company.

An optional residence visa is valid for one year and can be renewed for up to four years. After living in the country for five years, you can apply for permanent residence.

This is one of the most strictly regulated types of visa, which means it is likely to take at least 3-6 months to process your application.

5. Nonprofit Spain Visa

Spain’s non-profit visa is an option for those who want to retire in the country.

Not as accessible as Portugal’s D7 visa, spain This requires that your monthly income is greater than €2,150 or €25,816 per year. You cannot apply for a non-profit visa using income from remote work.

Applicants must also prove that they have comprehensive healthcare cover that is equal to or better than the country’s public healthcare.

You will be allowed to stay in Spain for one year after entering and you will need to spend at least 183 days in the country to renew your visa. This can be extended for four years and after five years you will be able to request a permanent residence permit.

It is valid for 10 years and will give you access to the Spanish state healthcare system and other benefits available to citizens and permanent residents.

4. Greece residence permit for financially independent individuals

Retiring in Greece may mean applying for a visa officially known as a “residence permit for financially independent persons”.

For this you need a minimum passive income of €24,000/year, but you cannot do any economic or investment activities within the country. Approved sources of income include pensions, rental properties and investments.

You will need an additional €400 per month if you want to bring your spouse and €200 for any dependent family members.

You will also need a rental agreement for a property for one year. Applicant needs to provide proof of private medical cover during his stay Greece,

This visa is issued for two years and can be renewed at the end of this period. You will need to have lived in Greece for at least half the year in order to maintain your residency status.

3. Cyprus Category F Visa

Spending your retirement along the sandy beaches of Cyprus sounds like an attractive option.

The country’s Category F visa is probably one of the best options to spend your golden years.

Cyprus This list has one of the lowest income requirements, with an income of only €9,568 per year. This can come from your pension, overseas rental properties, investments, royalties or dividends, but should be enough to live a decent and comfortable life for you and any dependents.

You will also need to rent or buy property in the country.

2. Maltese Retirement Program

With year-round good weather and a high standard of living, Malta is a great place for retirement.

The country has a dedicated scheme called the Maltese Retirement Program which is slightly different from the other options on this list. You must own a property in Malta worth at least €220,000 or rent a property costing €8,750 a year. Note that these amounts may vary depending on the region you choose. Applicants will also need health insurance issued malta,

If you decide to retire with a partner, you will need to prove that you have a stable relationship.

It also has some age requirements. If you are born on or after January 1, 1962, you will have to retire at the age of 65. If you’re born after that, you may be a little younger and retire at 61.

The visa requires you to spend no less than 90 days in a year or no more than six months in a Schengen country other than Malta.

1. D7 Visa of Portugal

Retires to the D7 Visa – or Passive Income Visa – portugal An attractive option for many non-EU citizens.

To qualify, you must have a minimum monthly income of €705. It is based on the current national wage in the country. But that income can come from a variety of sources, including pensions, rental property or investments.

You will also need to be able to prove that you have a place to live and are able to spend at least 16 months in Portugal during your first two years in the country.

The D7 visa has a lower application fee than other temporary residence visas and the application process usually takes about six months.

D7 visa holders get the benefit of health care Also benefits as Portuguese residents and citizens.

Latest news
Related news